30 Sep 2017

Less is More #348 - Lucky Dip - Water Colour



Hello there!
Wow! These Saturday's really seem to be coming around so quickly at the moment. And as it is Saturday it means it is time for another Less is More challenge. With this being the 5th Saturday in September we have that elusive Lucky Dip challenge this week.



Joining us today is our August winner - the lovely Jane from Purplejetlovescrafts and she has rocked the challenge theme with her card. Please pop over to her blog and leave her a comment as I'm sure she'd appreciate the visit.


Our design team have also made some amazing cards for your inspiration this week. You can see them over on the challenge blog and I bet they have more cards on their personal blogs too!

I have 3 cards for you today and I've used the theme to create some watercolour backgrounds on my cards.

1) Reindeer Flying in the Sky


This is another really old stamp set that I do like to use at Christmas and the combination of lilac and light blue is one of my favourites for non-traditional colour Christmas cards (let's face it - these are my absolute favourite colours for ANY occasion!). There's loads of sparkle on this card - which hopefully you can see on the header to this post. It's also a flat card so will be great for posting.

This card is for:
Crimbo Crackers Challenge #142 - Reindeer
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesdays WWC138 - All about Christmas




I'm using our challenges to get a few Christmas cards made because, including the two Xmas cards featured here today, I now have a grand total of 4 cards made for this coming season!!! Crikey! I'd better get cracking with some more, hadn't I?

This background was made by masking off a square on a piece of watercolour paper, then watercolouring with distress re-inkers, adding some water splashes as it was drying and finally spritzing with a glimmermist. I love the way that it looks like a galaxy background.

STAMPS: Inkadinkadoo 98398 Christmas Silhouettes. Sentiment is Paula Pascual stamps PPCSA6002
INKS: Versafine Onyx black
DISTRESS RE-INKERS: Wilted violet, salty ocean.
OTHER: Lilac Card, watercolour paper, masking tape, spritzer, heat gun, Glimmermist in marshmallow.


2) Rainbow Thank You - and a video!!! (eeeek!)


Oooooh errrr missus! I've started videoing a few cards as I make them. The video should hopefully go live at the same time as this post does so you will be able to see me making this card.

There is an audio voice-over recorded but I think I may need a new microphone as you probably need to set the speakers on your device to maximum be able to hear it. (And I used my 'telephone voice' - really embarrassing - I promise I'll be more natural on the next videos).

This is the very first recording I made so please be kind if you watch it and I'd love it if you could 'like', subscribe and maybe even leave me a comment at my YouTube channel!  There will be more videos coming very soon.

To watch this one just click here: https://youtu.be/kFQoYyHmTas

Don't forget to turn your speakers down again!

I'm entering this one into:
Addicted to Stamps and More ! # 261 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations #351 - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes




DIES: Die'Sire sentiment die
INKS: Distress Inks: Festive berries, carved pumpkin, squeezed lemonade, mowed lawn, salty ocean, wilted violet.
OTHER: White card, watercolour paper, spritzer,sequins

3) Pink Christmas


Here's another really quick, non-traditional coloured Christmas card. I wanted a really watery, blurry background for this card and I think I achieved the look I was aiming for.

I'm adding this card into:
Crafting by Designs - Let's get ready for Christmas
Sisterhood of Crafters - Use your dies
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #15 - Anything Christmas Goes
The Merry Christmas Challenge #36 - Anything goes + Christmas



 
DIES: Tim Holtz festive scribbles thinlets dies. Sentiment by Die'Sire
OTHER: Watercolour paints in pink and black. Black card, Silver Mirri card, watercolour paper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I have time for at the moment. I really hope you found something you like and I'm looking forward to seeing how you interpret the theme if you join us this week. See you again soon.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

26 comments:

  1. Oh my, Sharon, I love non-traditional colours for Christmas cards. Your wonderful background of blue and violet with shimmery splatters is absolutely stunning. What a perfect way to show off that beautiful silhouette of the abstract reindeer. I love everything about this card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sharon you have been busy and the watercolour backgrounds on all three of your cards are stunning. I shall check out your video and love the vibrant rainbow effect you have created and that leaping reindeer on your first card is just so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my clever buddy! You are rockin'! Spectacular use of water and colour in so many ways and a video too! So impressed Sharon and love all the beautiful colours and designs you've used. I was hoping to hear your voice but maybe you're building up to that. 😁 Have a fab week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads-up Sarah. I've updated the text in this post because the audio is there ... but it is really, really quiet. (I think you managed to hear it once you turned your speakers up). xx

      Delete
  4. WOWZA! These cards are all just beautiful!! Wonderful inspiration here! Thanks! Thanks also for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Use Your Dies!’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three cards = three stunners ! Love them all and especially this pink/black Christmas tree ! WOW this background is just stunning and I love your layout too. Now I understand your comment about "the similar wavelength" with your second card ! Besides the sentiment they are quite similar ! Great Libra minds think alike ! 😂 And I'm super happy to have heard your voice (I just forgot to turn down the speakers...aie !). For a first video, you totally rock, besides the low volume, it is absolutely clear enough to understand ! Congrats ! Your first card is also wonderful, I really love the mix of blue and purple and I totally agree, it looks like a galaxy background ! Incredible all what we can do with watercolour ! Have a wonderful weekend (doing Christmas card, hahaha !) and a fabulous week (making even more !). Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning set of cards, all of the backgrounds are beautiful I think my favourite is the Reindeer card :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous video, Sharon! I'm so jealous of your accent... you sounded even cooler than I had imagined. All three cards are absolutely gorgeous and showcased watercolouring brilliantly. I'm a huge fan of not only rainbow cards, but also of non-traditional colour Christmas cards, so needles to say I love love love your cards! So inspirational. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a wonderful week. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sharon, your cards this week are so creative and artsy! Well, you always come ups with such inventive ideas that it's not just this week actually. :) I love love love the galaxy background behind that beautiful deer -the shimmer looks amazing! This reminds me I bought some mini misters a while back for making own shimmer sprays -I should start using them! :) I especially like the way you used non-traditional colors for your Christmas cards, great job. I'm off to watch your video now and I'm sure you are being too hard on yourself about it!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could hear you loud and clear Sharon and you had a lovely voice, you are a natural at making voice-overs! I hope to see more videos from you and this rainbow background is something I want to give a go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You've knocked my socks off with these this week. That background on the first is fabulous and the deer stamp adds some real elegance to it. Loving your rainbow and the watery background to your Christmas tree. And well done on your first video, I turned it up and could hear you very clearly. You have a lovely voice, I'm so glad I don't have the equipment to do videos, I'm told I don't have an accent but I think I sound like a westcountry farmer when recorded! Pahahaaa :D I also keep meaning to say...loving your Christmas robin in your pics, I went to The Range yesterday and picked up a few Christmas card photo props, just need to make some cards now, I'm ahead of you I have 5! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creations and well done on your youtube video, I hope to have a go one day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too love purple or lilac and blue for Christmas, such a frosty feeling. love all your cards, but the the deer one is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three stunning cards. Will try to watch the vid later when the Internet has speeded up again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, love all the beautiful watercolour backgrounds. That purple and blue Christmas card is a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week Sharon, with your amazing non-traditional coloured Reindeer card. I can see why that image would be a favourite, it's stunning! So is the background colour mashup. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 3 gorgeous cards, love the non traditional christmas colours, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card !
    Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge Blog and Good Luck !
    MARYVONNE , DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, Sharon! I love non-traditional colors for Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, Sharon! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a WOW card, for sure! Love the colours you've used and that reindeer is just spectacular. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are all stunning! The vibrancy you get from your watercolor is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How gorgeous your trio of cards! Your water-colouring is amazing! Thrilled you shared your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your watercolored cards are fabulous, Sharon. Thanks for sharing the rainbow 'thank you' card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards! Such fabulous designs!! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Three stunning cards - my fave would have to be the one with the reindeer - gorgeous.
    Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us over at the Crafty Creations Challenges Blog.
    Kristina DT

    Crafty Creations Challenges Blog
    Cards by Kristina

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.