16 Sep 2017

Less is More #346 - Take Flight



Hi there!
How are things with you this week? I've been recovering from a cold/flu/sinus illness that made me take to my bed for a few days, but I'm all better now. And I can't complain because that is only the second cold (I think) that I've had in over 3 years.

So, I went into overdrive when I was on my feet again and that means I have 3 cards to share with you.

Today we have a lovely theme at Less is More and the DT girls have come up trumps with some amazing inspiration. Please head over to the challenge blog to take a look. Here is our cue card for this week




1) Verdigris Butterfly


For my first card I have to say that I think I have fallen in love with this verdigris embossing powder blend. The photographs really don't do it justice because it is glorious in real life. So, for this card, a simple die cut with a mix of embossing powders and a few pearls are all I needed.

I'm entering this one into:
Addicted to Stamps and More! #259 - Clean and Simple
The Mod Squad - The Heat Is On! (Heat embossing)
Tuesday Throwdown #360 - Birthdays
Watercooler Wednesdays  WWC136 - All about Birthdays



Hopefully you can pick out some of the golden tones. I used the embossing powder on the mat too, to blend it in perfectly.

DIES: Sizzix Thinlets magical butterfly, Tattered Lace sentiment
INKS: Versamark Clear
EMBOSSING POWDERS: WOW! Colourblend Verdigris, WOW! (inspired by Marion Emberson) Misty Sky and Oceanic
OTHER: White Linen Card, Black Card, pearls

2) Spooky Night


I don't normally make Halloween cards but I bought the TH Mixed Media Halloween dies last year and I've been itching to use the bats one. So I made a stencil with it.

I'd like to enter this into
Cardz 4 Guys #178 - Nature
Happy Little Stampers CAS September Challenge - Silhouette

Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - It's Written In The Stars
The Male Room #69 - Technique Masking (I had to mask the moon to blend the background)




STAMPS: Inkylicious Moon stamp and mask
DIES: Tim Holtz Mixed Media Halloween
INKS: Distress Inks, Iced Spruce, Pummice Stone, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Black Soot
OTHER: Computer generated sentiment banner. White linen card. White pencil (for the bat's eyes and the stars)

3) Downward Flying Bird of Paradise


This is my - "I REALLY should read the brief" mess-up card.

What an absolute dumbo I was.

I had it in my head that the theme this week was 'flying high' so thought I'd use the phrase on a get well card. Only to realise once the card was finished that my plummeting bird really wasn't appropriate for a 'Take Flight' theme. Ha! I even made the bird's face go from pink to green as it fell!

Ah well, as I really like this card I'm going to share it with you anyway. After all, the bird will take flight again when it recovers. (snigger)

This one is for:
As you like it challenge - Flora or Fauna and why.....Well,  I think you can see from this post (with bats, a butterfly and birds) that I'm a fauna kinda gal. I love birds and we get some pretty colourful ones over here in Portugal so it's lovely to watch them dipping or swooping for a drink from my pool.  Luckily I don't see any taking a nose-dive like this one!!
Everybody Art Challenge #408 - Clean and Simple
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Clean And Simple


That'll teach me to try to be clever!!

STAMPS: Stamplorations Birds of Paradise
INKS: Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog
OTHER: Colouring pencils, white, red and yellow card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it from me for now. I hope you found something you like and I really hope to see you again soon.

Hugs,
Sharon

28 comments:

  1. Great cards! I especially like the Halloween card - it's a beauty! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz.
    Janis, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativity always blows me away, Sharon! Three unique, amazing cards. My favorite must be the second -the Halloween scene you've created is just so pretty and well made. I love the glow around the moon. Your third card absolutely makes me smile and your embossed butterfly -so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, what a well named embossing powder blend! The effect really is of a patina forming on the gold. Love it! And what a great border it makes around that stunning die-cut and heat embossed butterfly! Great touch, adding those tiny pearls, too. Love the clean and simple lines and the sheer elegance of your card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your cards are just perfect...but the last card is just so funny! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are on fire Sharon and I don't mean your temperature during the flu! These are fabulous. The fist one so full of shimmer, shine and elegance. I'm awestruck by that second one and just love the whole little scene, inky blended to perfection and I'm bowled over actually. Just wish I'd had that idea. The third one made me giggle like mad. What a fabulous idea and the most brilliant sentiment for the challenge. Awesome inspiration Sharon! Have a fun week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back on your feet. You sure did hit the ground running with these three amazing cards. The one you did with the verdigris for the Watercooler Challenge is very stunning. Love the butterfly and the frame around the image. Your other two cards are amazing too. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A trio of fabulous and inspiring cards again this week, Sharon. Your butterfly is exquisite embossed in those colours. Your Halloween card is terrific with beautiful ink blending. And I don't see anything wrong with your third card 😉... it puts a big smile on my face. 😂 Have a wonderful weekend and week. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card Sharon...love your spooky night scene...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you over the Halloween card thing but this one is fab, love the moon!
    Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad that you are feeling much better, your production of cards is so amazing. The butterfly card is perfect for my challenge this week of the Heat is On. Love the many colors in the embossing powder. I have to mention the last one as I really got a chuckle from that one. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Mod Squad challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Barbara Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, Ha, ha ! You made me laugh with your post Sharon ! I am so glad to see that I am not the only one sometimes to be carried away in my momentum to make a map with the ideas that are flying in the head but ultimately be off topic! Or may be the Portuguese birds are flying upside down ! Your temperature has surely clouded your mind! 😊
    But I must admit that one more time, you're offering us a trio of gorgeous cards ! Your first card is so elegant with this verdigris butterfly and this simple layout ! But my favourite one is you second card ! WOW ! This moon over this perfect blended seems so real, even more with the silhouette of the bats ! You should enter it in the HLS September CAS Challenge which is silhouette ! It's a winner for me !
    Hope you feel better now, so have a great sunny Sunday and a fabulous week ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous butterfly card and the embossing is wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will play along with us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab collection of makes, your Halloween silhouettes are perfect for our challenge this month. Lovely background you created for them.
    And your not-so-flying-high card made me smile.
    Thanks so much for joing this month's Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge
    Anne
    HLS Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your masking of the moon, a SUPER card. (So are the others, love the flying high!) Thank you for joining us at The Male Room masking challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty birthday butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday for our All About Birthdays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that butterfly, the colors are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your butterfly card is gorgeous! The embossing is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous set of cards, love the humour of the last one. Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This image really made me smile!! Love the birdie (hope he's ok after his nosedive!)
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    In The Pink Challenge
    Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards! Such lovely CAS designs! So very pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at the ATSM challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous cards and I really love your colourful birdie. It is such a fu card. Thanks so much for joining us at As you like it! We hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sharon, you've knocked my socks off this week! I can just imagine what that embossed butterfly looks like IRL, it's so difficult to capture these beautiful effects on camera. Your Halloween card is an absolute triumph, perfect blending with that glow around the moon, and I love the way you added your sentiment. And your third is hilarious, I love it! What a great card to surely put a smile on anyone's face!
    Thanks so much for playing along at HLS CAS challenge with your Halloween card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your cards are fabulous! Perfect making, blending, coloring and your bird is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like your "spooky" card and the other. Such a beautiful work with masking :-))
    I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card! Your bat squadron so beautifully contrasts against the background of this stunning moon.WOW!
    Thank you for sharing with us on HLS CAS.
    hugs,
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  28. A great selection of cards, love that moon with the blended sky. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.