9 Sep 2017

Less is More #345 - One Layer Colouring In



Hi

It's that wonderful ONE LAYER WEEK again. Love it or hate it, there are always some amazing cards in the Less is More gallery on one layer week.

This time we want to see you colouring in.........but remember to keep your cards CAS!!

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/


I hope you will head on over to the challenge blog for some fantastic inspiration from the design team.

I have 3 cards for you today, one delicate colours, one vibrant and one fun one for the kiddies, so let's take a look at them

1) Pastel and White Sympathy Card


As I'm still catching up (aka getting 2 months ahead) with my DT makes after the summer festivities, I haven't joined in the colouring challenge that Kathy from the daily marker blog is currently running, so I will have to enter this one today.

I wanted to practice colouring a white flower, as I have never tried that before. Not bad for a first attempt. The image and sentiment are heat embossed in white, a background blended having masked off the flower, and the details added in with colouring pencils.

I'll be popping this one into:
The House That Stamps Built DCC96 - Sympathy Cards
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp It



STAMPS: Uniko Pure Florals Lily
INKS: Distress Inks - tumbled glass, spun sugar, squeezed lemonade. Clear Versamark
OTHER: WOW! Opaque Bright White Superfine embossing powder, Blending brushes, colouring pencils, white linen card, water spritzer, glossy accents

water spritzer
Glossy accents

2) Autumnal Jewels Trompe L'oeil


So from the sublime to the ridiculous (lol). I went OTT with the vibrant jewel and autumnal colours with this card. And I used one of my favourite shading techniques for tricking the eye into thinking this card is on more than one layer - it isn't!

This card is for:
Everybody Art Challenge #408 - Clean and Simple
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamp It



This was stamped and masked, coloured with promarkers and a little extra detail added with colouring pencils. I also double embossed the centres of these flower/mandalas for a bit of interest.

STAMPS: Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash (the sentiment), KARS flower/mandala (had this for donkeys years but no idea what it is called now.
INKS: Memento black, Archival Ink in Olive, Clear Versamark
OTHER: Papermania clear embossing powder, heat tool, various promarkers, colouring pencils, white linen card

and to prove it is one layer - I hope that shows up in this photo!

3) Kiddies Circus Card

Finally, just a bit of fun for a kiddies card. Everything was stamped in red and coloured with colouring pencils.

I'm entering this into:
Dream Valley Challenge #162 - use a stamp or a digi
Make My Monday challenge #54 - something for a child
Unicorn Challenge #25 - Birthday



STAMPS: Clarity Stamps
INKS: VersaColour #23 Rose Red
OTHER: colouring pencils, white linen card.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it from me for now. I hope you found something you like and I really hope to see you again soon. Thanks for stopping by today.

Hugs,
Sharon

18 comments:

  1. Sharon ... you are on fire with these stunning cards! WOW I think you love this challenge to the max and why not - your colouring is FABULOUS. They are all equally beautiful and the textured card base adds a surreal effect to the colours and shading. I definitely had to do a double take on the second 2 to check you'd not missed the OLC!!! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Sharon, you're really an artist with colouring (you're an artist anyway !) !! Three different cards but all so stunning ! Love your white Lila, for a first attempt, it is totally a success. How delicate and soft it is with these pastel colours ! Your second card is really a trompe-l'oeil card, it is so gorgeous and so well coloured ! Your third card has also this trompe l'oeil effect with the banner. An adorable card for a child. Love the depth you obtained for the entry of the big top ! Very striking, you rock again this week ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning cards - all so different. I absolutely adore the soft, subtle colours on the sympathy card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What terrific cards. You have created dimension with no layers. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so gorgeous Cards, love your coloring!Thanks for joining us at EAC. Hugs Michi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another week of amazing cards, Sharon. Your first card is so pretty. Love the soft colours. And your third card is so cute. But I absolutely LOVE your vibrant bold jewel card. Love OLCs that are dimensional looking. Fabulous colouring too. Enjoy your weekend and have a wonderful week. 😊 Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked all your cards, but your 1st card with your soft pastel watercolor wash background and gorgeous white heat embossed lily with pencil marks really took my breath away...so Gorgeous! TFS all 3 of your cards. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful trio of cards, Sharon! The watercolor soft pastel card with the flower is gorgeous! The white embossing looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three fabulous cards, but your first one is just absolutely stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful CAS cards Sharon! I absolutely love the pretty pastels and the image is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! My favorite is the first - it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon, your cards are spectacular, especially the first. So delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all fabulous one layer cards! But the first one is just WOW!!! Love how you colored the white lily and the soft background is so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I'm so late this week! Three fantabulous cards, Sharon. I adore that gorgeous pastel background for your white lily and the blooms looks wonderful, I've not tried white florals yet so must give this a go. Loving your bright dimensional mandalas too and your shading on your third card looks spot on, I never think to stamp in a colour other than black or grey really. Awesome inspiration :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That first cards of yours, Sharon... So beautiful! It makes me want to step out my comfort zone and try out new things. Wonderful! I love the pastel colors and the soft look of the card. Then again your second card -so vibrant and bright! It has a fun retro look! And your third... I would never think of stamping everything with red ink and adding colored details. You are a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun circus card for our Make My Monday challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Make My Monday!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet and fun. Thanks for joining the Make My Monday challenges. All the very best. Nandini, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! What a bunch of fabulous cards!! Your sympathy card is just stunning! The background is beautiful and your flower is gorgeous! Great job on the one-layer cards! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.